Lam Pei, Hong Kong based illustrator and visual artist, brand founder of “Flying Sofye. She likes to use comics, paper-mache and reused wood as the media. Her studio established at Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre (JCCAC), Shek Kip Mei, KLN, Hong Kong..
While visiting an old store that was about to be closed down, Lam Pei saw a landscape painting being thrown away. Instead she took the painting home and casually drew a character on it, and that was how Flying Sofye was born (Lam Pei later named the work “Stolen Landscape”). Sofye travels between different space and time to find treasures among discarded items, hoping people can learn how to cherish.
- 2016 - Best Young Property Award-Silver Award of Hong Kong Licensing Awards 2015
- 2015 - "Flying Sofye Secret Mission from Nordic City" at Sheung Shui Centre & Metro City Plaza1
- 2015 - "Somewhere Out There II" - Lam Pei Solo Exhibition, Wrong Gallery, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2014 - "The 3rd Greater China Illustration Awards" – The second runner-up of The Best Illustration (Self – Initiation & For Sale), Hong Kong Society of illustrators
- 2013 - Shopping Mall Event: “The Autumn Star Playground of Flying Sofye” at Pioneer Centre, Mongkok, Hong Kong.
- 2012 - Shopping Mall Event: “The Easter Paradise of Flying Sofye”. APM Mall, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong.
- 2008 - Established studio at the Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre.illustrator.server207.com/cms/index.php?m=member&a=addedit&member_id=18
Company name: Sugar Ink Company
L5-11, Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre, 30 Pak Tin Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, HONG KONG.
Work: +852 26025718